Welcome to QuestFan, a fan site for The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest and other Quest peripherals. Our Youtube channel is questfans. HEY! If you own press materials for the show or are willing to scan documents and images, let us know! There's tons of lost media out there that needs to be digitally liberated. You can reach the site at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
May 12, 2022
- Television Chronicles Preview added to Press, Interviews, and FAQs (July 1995).
- Vehicles and Figures updated with Deep Dive Jonny prototype; Unreleased Products with nuclear Benton prototype.
November 21, 2021
- Unproduced Episodes has been updated with Jinx of the Sphinx storyboards, completed and signed by John Dilworth (creator of Courage the Cowardly Dog). We're not sure if this was going to be a full episode or Quest Byte, as it cuts off before the ending.
- Licensing Summit Bag has been added under the Merchandise page. Apparently, a huge licensing summit was held sometime in 1995 or 1996, and every representative was given a massive swag bag, full of items whose provenance we were originally unsure (such as the TRAJQ calendar, or the original case for the digital style guide). More information will be coming in the next update.
- Preview Press Kit has been updated with scans from an earlier version of the conventional press kit. This one dates from when the show was called "The Extraordinary Adventures of Jonny Quest", and includes a character sheet for season one, as well as some sheets on Hanna-Barbera's broadcast history.
- Comics has been updated with scans of the UK's Titan comics issue #3. It's the Dark Horse comics, but as they were released in the UK, with more special features and fan engagement. We're hoping to find other issues and get the unique features scanned.
- Clothing was updated with another promotional hat, and additional pictures of the first promotional shirt.
- Other Products has been updated with a Portuguese chewing gum box, Australian Kentucky-Fried Chicken toy pack, additional pictures of stickers, a spring promotional watch, and walkie talkies.
- Escape to Questworld, Assault on Questworld, Rage's Burning Wheel, The Mummies of Malenque, and Dark Sentinel were updated with cels.
- Night of the Zinja and Other Space were updated with images from an Ebay auction of the episodes' storyboards.
- Official Art has been updated with YTV website images (three unknown pieces were able to be classified under this new section), as well as an unknown cel (Jonny and Bandit from Season 2).
- Upper Deck Trading Cards was updated with images of the collector's album.
- Video Releases has been updated with the UK "Journey to the Serengeti" VHS tape (Trouble on the Colorado, Ndovu's Last Journey, The Alchemist).
- Added the Jonny Quest Discord Permanent Invite Link to the main page.
March 9, 2021
- Advertisements - Added a Galoob toy ad.
- Bea and Eff Fanzine Number 7 Rumors - A fanzine surfaced documenting rumors around the show's troubled development.
- Clothing - Added another unknown promo shirt.
- Nemesis - More cels are up on Ebay and have been archived here.
August 16, 2020
- Animation Magazine Producer Interviews - Added JQStyle scans with concept art.
- Clothing - Added promotional hat and other images of t-shirt.
- Comics - Added original black & white drawing for the cover of issue 10.
- Quest World Adventure - Added print ad.
- Official Art - Added cels from Nemesis, The Robot Spies, and Ghost Quest, as well as the Diamonds and Jade model sheet. Also added "5 million in the first week" ad and Takashi Masunaga print to concept art, as well as Jonny - Art Print (unknown provenance) to Unknown Source color art. Lastly, as JQStyle is currently down again, I've added the scans of the Calendar to the art page.
- Other Products - Added Capri Sun holographic lunchbox, pack, and cup. Also added scans of a couple Russian panini stickers packs, as well as better Spaghetti-os hologram scans.
- Preview Press Kit - Added JQStyle scans.
- The Edge of Yesterday - Added images of the script.
- Unreleased Products - Updated with unproduced Burger King toys.
- Upper Deck Trading Cards - Added scans of folder the promotional card came in.
February 17, 2017
Some new pages and additions:
- Feed Your Mind Behind the Scenes - The producer of the TBS Feed Your Mind segment on TRAJQ uploaded the segment to Youtube! Our page has some screencaps and a link to download or watch on Youtube. There's some rare art in there that's never been made available anywhere else (including tantalizing color art of Race, Hadji, and Jessie -- if only there were higher resolution!).
- Official Art - Check out the new "Magazine Ad Art" section. Some stunning, incredibly rare ads have been posted! In the "Other" section, autographed season 2 cel and Mummies of Malenque promo image added, along with Takashi Masunaga concept art piece.
- Other Products - Gift Bag, Holographic card, Keychain, LCD Game, Napkins, Pizza Hut Quest Packs, Pizza Hut Placemat, Pogs, Promo Card, Spaghettios #2, #3, and #5 holograms scanned, Wrist Compass, Wrist Remote Controller Watch, Zebco fishing reel pics added. Also check out the "Promotional Collection" section, highlighting some extremely rare items only given out at advance promotional events.
- Clothing - New shirt added.
- Video Releases - Two VCDs added from Singapore.
- Program Exchange Syndication Booklet - Scans of syndication offer booklet, including three pieces of official art.
There's more to come once I find a print shop with a large format scanner...
August 14, 2013
The merchandise and official art pages have been updated with better art scanned from the Valentine's day cards. Hardware descreening was not done on these scans, as it was making them far too blurry. Check them out at Other Products.
September 24, 2011
Some new bits and pieces: Gary Lionelli and Larry Brown graciously provided mini-interviews about their time on TRAJQ. Find them at Larry Brown Dialogue and Gary Lionelli Dialogue. Many thanks; be sure to check out their websites! Next, I added four pages about the use of Questworld to the Peter Lawrence writer's bible (taken from a press kit), which can be found at Writer's Bible. Most tantalizingly, one of the pages provides a summary of an unproduced episode about Jessie playing the role of a vampire in Questworld. Find it on the page or just skip over to Unproduced Episodes to check it out. Lastly, we've pinned down two trivia about episodes—firstly, Havel's submarine in East of Zanzibar did have a mechanical tentacle (while an unrelated giant squid was running amok with no affiliation), and secondly, the teaser from The Alchemist took place in 960 A.D.
January 1, 2010
After whirlwind scanning, the press kit and style guide are both finished. For the best art ever available, click: Digital Style Guide (RAR, 10 MB), Print Style Guide (ZIP, 380 MB), TRAJQ Press Kit (ZIP, 74 MB)
July 23, 2009
The encyclopedia and most of the site is complete, except for stuff at About's goal list.
July 7, 2009
Media and downloads are being restored.
July 6, 2008
The site's restored. We've got three pressing items: a complete torrent release, featured status for the Wikipedia article, and the completion of QuestFan through filling in missing episode pages and tackling that huge, unforgiving to-do list.
July 29, 2007
The Wiki article's somewhat back to the drawing board as information and commentary is filtering in from many sources about the show's history. As for the site, that to-do list down there is the only thing remaining. Two things would tremendously move us forward at this point: 1.) a complete rip of the show and 2.) a press kit. Check this out, wherein a Hollywood producer drops a hint that a live-action Jonny Quest project is being considered.
July 10, 2007
The Wikipedia article is ready for a final push, along with the site. I have to knock out that to-do list and write the character articles (which will be a minor chore). Still, we're almost there! Once the site is finished to a basic degree, the hunt will be on for more episodes.
June 13, 2007
The field work is mostly complete, leaving me to add all the media I've found and organize the rest of the site. I will then update the Wikipedia entry on the series using the interviews, features, and other third-party journalistic works I've located. I can then backhost them here.
May 28, 2007
The site's up. I've made the logo using something from Cover-Up At Roswell and I've made a simple background based off the contours of the main show's logo. I must now write episode summaries and go through the entire internet (or at least that which I can find) to recover TRAJQ assets left on dead sites and whatnot.